|Get Involved » |
Habitat For Humanity Lansing offers volunteer opportunities for you to help with all aspects of home building and in our ReStore. We have both construction and non-construction volunteer opportunities available to you. You do not need to be an expert in construction to help out on a work site. There are many tasks that require only a willingness to learn and work with others. On-site construction work is the most popular of Habitat's volunteer opportunities. We make every effort to incorporate all willing volunteers regardless of skill level. Unaccompanied minors are not allowed on the job site. Those under 18 years of age must contact the office for further information. We will work rain or shine!
Our typical crews are from Wednesday 1:30 pm - 5:00pm or 5:30pm - 8:30pm - noon or Thursdays from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm and Saturdays from 8:30am - 3:30pm. We do hope you will join us when you can by signing up on our online calendar.
In Person Registration & Orientation —
Each new volunteer must go thru an orientation either online or in-person by making an appointment at our office.
To do online orientation follow these directions:
1. Go to www.habitatlansing.org
2. Click 'Get Involved' (in the box on the left side of the page).
3. Click Volunteer Calendar (in the box on the left) for individual Click where it says New Volunteer Registration
4. Enter a log-in (could be e-mail address) and a password and fill in the blanks
then click submit form
5. Log back in to fill out the skills page. Save entries. Then...
6. Look on the far left column and click Orientation. Please read and answer questions.
7. Click to “Continue with liability waiver.
8. Print waiver .
9. Sign and date it, and send it to HfHL, 1941 Benjamin Dr, Lansing, MI 48906 or fax it to 374-6279.
It's quick and simple to find out where we have volunteer needs, and to sign up with us for those. Just visit our Volunteer Calendar, find an opportunity that suits your interests and availability, and click the "SIGN UP" button after you finish orientation.
Some individual needs:
1. Site hosts - tasks include: greeting volunteers and gathering paperwork for crews on site, assist with meals, run errands, organize tools and materials onsite, keeping the site clean and other tasks as assigned. Training will be provided. Time commitment: once or twice a month at a minimum.
2. A landscape coordinator - someone that is willing and experienced to oversee volunteers spreading dirt, planting grass and planting a few bushes and such.
If you have a group of volunteers, your group should contact the Volunteer Coordinator and we can arrange to come to your location for an in-person group orientation for groups over 15.
1941 Benjamin Drive
Lansing, MI 48906
Office: (517) 374-1313
ReStore: (517) 374-6235
Fax: (517) 374-6279
© 2014 Habitat For Humanity Lansing
[ phone: (517) 374-1313 ] [ Contact via Email ]
|The Habitat experience is a blessing for those who really need someone to help them.
Alyce, Habitat Lansing homeowner